fredag den 15. januar 2016

#24in48 Readathon TBR & Wrap Up



Dear everyone, 

Last night when I was lying in bed, ready to go to sleep, I decided to check my Twitter feed even though I know you're not supposed to do that just before going into dreamland. However, I'm happy I did because I realized that this weekend, the #24in48 readathon would take place. 

Basically, if you don't know already, the #24in48 readathon is a readathon that takes place during the span of 48 hours. You are supposed to read for 24 of those 48 hours (in other words, you're supposed to read as much as you can while still being able to get some sleep and have time for food and other things). I like this readathon exactly because it allows for room to breathe, and you don't feel forced to read all the time. 

That's why I decided to sign up immediately on 24in48.com, and here I give you my TBR for this upcoming weekend. 

First of all, I would love to finish the book I'm currently reading, which is "11.22.63" by Stephen King. I'm only 200 pages short of doing just that, and I've actually been doing a daily update on this blog this past week on my reading progress and reading experience of this 700-page-book. If you're interested, you can go check that out here. I plan on finishing "11.22.63" on Saturday. 

Afterwards, I have a Kindle book planned that I need to read before the sequel comes out in February. I'm talking about "You" by Caroline Kepnes which is a psychological thriller told in the second person narrative. This book is 422 pages long, and the cover looks like this: 


Last but not least, I would like to be optimistic and plan a third novel for this upcoming weekend. This is going to be a non-fiction book called "In Order to Live" by Yeonmi Park. I think it's going to be nice to mix up the genres a little bit so that I don't exclusively read psychological thrillers. 

If you're participating as well, let me know in the comments. I think my next blog post is going to be a wrap up of my weekend and of how many pages and books I managed to get through. 

Have a great weekend, everyone, and HAPPY READING!

Wrap Up: It is now Monday and the #24in48 readathon has ended. I had a pretty successful weekend, but I wouldn't say that I made it any close to reading for 24 hours in total. I must admit I didn't keep count, but all in all I think I read for about 4-5 hours. It doesn't seem like a lot, but I reached a point on Sunday where I didn't feel like reading, and so I didn't!

I managed to finished "11.22.63" by Stephen King, and I already did a review of it on this blog which you can read here. Afterwards, I picked up "You" by Caroline Kepnes, and I read 68% of that one before Sunday ended. That means that all in all, I read a total of between 350-400 pages. I don't have the exact number because I read one of the books on my Kindle.

Some years ago, I definitely would've read more pages and tried harder, but I've gradually come to the conclusion that to me, reading is only fun if you read when you want to. I don't think readathons necessarily work for me anymore, because I refuse to read if I'm not in the mood for it. I want to be able to enjoy my books and my time with them, and I also want to feel free to do other things besides from reading. That's why this may be one of the last readathons I participate in, just because they don't really work for me anymore.

HOWEVER, I did have fun with getting through these books this time around, and I definitely enjoyed tweeting with a lot of other people participating in this event. If you participated as well, let me know in the comments how you did - and until next time: Happy reading! 

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar